Some of what I loved most about my holiday.
- If your hand fits into this gold imprint it means you are meant to follow a creative path in life – my hand fit perfectly!
- Driving from the Turkish airport to our hostel.
- Walking down Istikaal street.
- Buying a jetoon and taking the tram to Sultanhamet.
- Going to the Turkish baths (guess it’s a bath when you’re in Turkey or more accurately Hammam).
- Getting thrown with a shoe by a homeless man in Barcelona.
- Seeing some of Gaudi’s masterpieces.
- Boyscouts and Harry Potters.
- Watching FC Barcelona play soccer in Barcelona.
- Meeting some really cool Australians, Canadians and Americans.
- Getting lost at 1am and still feeling 100% safe and getting home unharmed.
- The Metro, the subway, taking cabs.
- Walking for hours on end.
- The fact that we were the only Saffers at our hostels.
- The guy at reception knew I was South African because I used the phrase “Is it?” often. Guess my Italian teacher was onto something when she taught us that “is it?/really?” in italian is davvero.
- Seeing Table Mountain for the “first” time.