Yes, once upon a time when naivety reigned supreme in my world I was a huge spice girl fan. I am not ashamed of this fact. But before you laugh let me share with you some very important life lessons that these 5 girls have taught me.
1. Be unique. Be yourself.
2. Too much of something is bad enough, Too much of nothing is just as tough – Life is about balance
3. Mama I love you, Mama I care – Love and appreciate your mother and tell her that you care about her.
4. Use public transport even though it might not be a large really cool Union Jack bus with toilets and showers.
5. Spice up your life.
6. Women must empower themselves (girl power).
7. It’s ok to snog an alien (read man) once in a while.
8. If you wanna be my lover you gotta get with my friends – If a man wants to be with you he must accept your friends. (The alternative is creepy – did they mean a man needs to get it on with all your friends?)
9. Be a little wiser baby, put it on, put it on, ‘Cause tonight is the night when two become one – Practise safe sex.
10. Be fearless (scary spice), exercise (sporty spice), don’t forget your inner child (baby spice), make sure always look good (posh spice) and ginger spice (not a good look on anyone, poor Harry).